Thursday 22 November 2012

Silver Plate Teapot - $16

This Viking Plate teapot was made in Canada by Lipman-Levinter Industries of Toronto, Ontario and is marked E.P Copper which stands for electroplated copper.  The pot stands 6.5" tall and is almost 11" from spout to handle.
 The handle is mounted in a silver scroll and there is a raised pattern that encircles the pot.
 The hinged lid is in excellent condition and has a beautiful finial top.
The spout has a very small nick in it but it is still in wonderful working condition.
Here you can see the stamp on the bottom.  According to what I could find, the teapot is circa 1930's.
I haven't polished it, some blogs have suggested that values can decline if the patina is removed.  I would leave it up to the discretion of its new owner :)  There are a couple of small bumps in it,  I can only assume has been well used, when I'm 70 I think I'll probably show some wear too!

No comments:

Post a Comment